It’s time to be creative again and it’s my favorite time! I want to share my all-time favorite technique for coloring eggs with food coloring and electrical tape or insulating tape.
- Dissolve each color in 200 ml of lukewarm water in a glass jar and add 1 teaspoon of vinegar.
- Boil the eggs hard boil and be careful not to crack them.
- Cut different shapes out of the tape and tape them on the dry boiled egg. You can even write names as shown down below.
- Put the egg in one of the colors and wait until the desired saturation.
- With a cloth gently remove any dripping color and make sure the egg is dry.
- Place the tape on a different area of the egg or even make new shapes then put in another color.
- Repeat the procedure a few times until you are happy with the design.
- Using a cotton ball soaked in vegetable oil gently apply on the dry finished egg for a shiny effect.
For best results use white eggs!